The crowning jewel and cosmopolitan hub of East Africa can arguably be proclaimed as Dar es Salaam. This gateway to Zanzibar and the sprawling plains of the Serengeti—the stage on which the Great Migration acts out—is a bustling hub of activity. Dar Es Salaam Serena Hotel offers guests their first or parting glimpse of the country’s vibrant culture and tropical waters.
Dar, as it is affectionately known by locals, is the largest city in Tanzania and one of the fastest growing cities on the continent. It’s German and British colonial buildings are contrasted against modern high-rises while its finely-sanded beaches and sparkling Indian Ocean waters are just hints of what island paradise lies beyond.
Boasting an impressive 230 rooms, guests at the hotel can choose between their Superior, Executive Ocean View, and Executive Rooms as well as their Executive, Diplomatic, and Presidential Suites. Grab coffee at Baker’s Basket en route to a 2-hour city tour, enjoy seafood platters and local dishes at Jahazi and Serengeti Restaurant, or simply sip on an after-dinner cocktail at Kibo Bar.
- Minutes from the city’s major attractions and popular beaches
- Each room has Wi-Fi, AC, Satellite TV, en-suite bathrooms, and tea/coffee-making facilities
- On-site swimming pool, sundeck, restaurants, bar, fitness centre, gift shop, concierge, and babysitting service
- Dar is one of the fastest growing cities on the continent and the largest in Tanzania
- Gateway and ideal stopover en route to the Serengeti and Zanzibar archipelago