Retaining a nostalgic air from its coffee plantation beginnings, the country estate grounds on which Rivertrees Country Inn is found extends from the volcanic foothills of Mount Meru. A few minutes outside of the hustle and bustle of Arusha, this is a perfectly located hotel to act as a peaceful pause between your Tanzanian safaris.
The second largest mountain on the African continent forms the backdrop to Arusha, a city often seen as a gateway to some of the country’s most prolific safari destinations. Despite its transitory nature, there are plenty attractions nearby from Arusha National Park and Lake Duluti Forest Reserve to the city itself and Kilimanjaro Golf and Wildlife Estates.
The lodge’s two-bedroom River House and two River Cottages can be found near the river, while the Garden Rooms are great for couples wanting privacy. Some of the rooms are interleading making it ideal for families and friends. The Farm House sleeps up to ten people in its four en-suite bedrooms. The restaurant serves hearty home-made fare from quiches and salads to more traditional meals such as a Zanzibari coconut curry to a traditional Swahili plate of fish and ugali.
- Located outside the bustle of Arusha but close enough for convenience’s sake
- Located on what was once a coffee plantation on the slopes of Mount Meru
- Variety of cottages on the estate to suit families, friends, and couples
- On-site restaurant serving local and international cuisine
- An outdoor massage banda is a perfect way to wind down after a day of exploring