On the outskirts of Arusha in the far north of Tanzania and minutes from the domestic airport, Arusha Coffee Lodge is the perfect additive to your safari experience. Surrounded by a working coffee plantation, Arusha Coffee Lodge is serene and convenient; its design reflecting the 1900s manor house that once enjoyed the same tranquil setting.
If your itinerary allows for it, there's plenty of relaxing to be done in this peaceful setting. Opt for a lazy breakfast in your room, bask by the large pool, read in the lounge or be pampered in the salon. Not surprisingly, the ‘From Bean to Cup’ coffee tour of the working plantation is a must-do which highlights the fascinating production process of growing, harvesting and drying.
30 free-standing Plantation Houses, inclusive of 12 Plantation Suites, are dotted about the estate and decorated with a distinct coffee-flavoured theme: mocha wood, latte fabrics, cappuccino soaps, and of course the aroma of a coffee-grinder. The rooms have split-level lounges with a wood-burning fireplace and a large balcony overlooking the evergreen plantation.
- Peaceful setting surrounded by an evergreen coffee plantation
- The working farm offers an intriguing perspective of coffee production
- Arusha town makes for an interesting excursion for crafts such as glassblowing
- Rooms are spacious, cosy and private, dotted around the farm
- Ideal stop-over to connect Kilimanjaro and onward safari destinations