5 hectares of lush tropical garden and African bushland make up the grounds of the Arumeru River Lodge, a resort built on the site of an old coffee plantation. The owners’ dedication to personalised service and luxurious accommodation make it the ideal place from which to start your safari or rest before embarking on the trek up mighty Mount Kilimanjaro, whose landmass forms a backdrop to the lodge.
Located near Usa River only 7km from Arusha National Park, the lodge is in proximity to a spectacular abundance of wildlife and magnificent hiking trails. Guided excursions can be booked at the Lodge’s reception and these include hikes through the surrounding indigenous forests at the foothills of Mount Meru, or a stroll through the coffee and banana fields of the nearby village.
Tiny dik-dik antelope can be spotted frolicking in the gardens of the lodge from the comfort of a private terrace included in each of the 21 spacious Garden Rooms. Visitors can also lounge in the cool comfort of one of the 6 Junior Suites, boasting Terrazzo floors and luxurious bathrooms.
- Dedication to personalised service and luxurious accommodation
- Lush tropical gardens are home to a variety of botanical specimens
- Located only 7km from the grasslands of Arusha National Park
- Enjoy hikes through indigenous forests and strolls through coffee and banana fields
- Two restaurants serve delicious African and International cuisine