Reilly’s Rock Hilltop Lodge, a historic settler house in Swaziland, sits on the 4,500ha Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary. Surrounded by the Royal Botanical Gardens, home to abundant birds and endangered antelope and animals, this family-run lodge combines comfort with a rich history and secluded surroundings.
When not taking in spectacular views of the Ezulwini River Valley (meaning Valley of Heaven) or observing birds from terraced lawns, you can head to the Mlilwane activity centre and choose from guided walks, mountain bike rides, game drives, or visits to the neighbouring village to experience authentic Swazi culture. Self-guided trails and roads allow exploration at your own pace at no extra cost.
The main house features 2 Double en suite Rooms, Reilly’s Room and Wallis Room, the Garden Cottage features 2 en suite rooms, 1 double and 1 twin and Down Gran’s Cottage offers self-catering accommodation for 7. The lodge is famous for its hearty cuisine from the daily cooked breakfast to order accompanied by a spread of cereals and toast, Table d’Hôte Menu or buffet style dinners, accompanied by excellent wine selection.
- Located within Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Swaziland’s premiere reserve, and surrounded by the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Accommodation in the historical former home of Mickey Reilly
- Only 6 en suite rooms and one self-catering 7-sleeper cottage (also in the botanical gardens)
- Known for cuisine with delicious home-prepared dinners and breakfasts on offer.
- Abundant birdlife and up-close encounters with rare small antelope and wildlife