The Phophonyane River flows through the Phophonyane Falls Nature Reserve in a series of waterfalls. Trickling thinly along the boulders’ edges and other times carving a path to the river’s body, the waterfalls cascade down from great heights to join the current below. This running water provides an ever-present sense of calm to the Phophonyane Falls Ecolodge & Nature Reserve and its guests.
The 600 hectare nature reserve encompasses dramatic mountain ranges, tumbling waterfalls, and lush natural forests. The reserve is home to small mammals such as red duiker, Cape clawless otter, bush buck, as well as over 230 different species of bird, including the purple crested-lourie. Explore the reserve through its network of walkways, meandering through water gardens, billion-year-old rock formations, and past imposing views of the Gobolondlo Mountain range.
The lodge offers Luxury Safari Tents, Luxury Beehives, self-catering Cottages, Tented Camps, and Standard Safari Tents. The units are woven into the sub-tropical forest’s lush fabric and offer guests the utmost privacy. Home-cooked meals are paired with fine wines to satisfy even the most finicky of foodies.
- Situated within the Phophonyane Falls Nature Reserve
- The waterfall’s running water provides an ever-present sense of calm
- Park can be explored through a network of walkways
- Water gardens, billion-year-old rock formations, and imposing views of the Gobolondlo Mountain range, and Ntfonjeni Valley
- Home to small mammals such as red duiker and bush buck, as well as over 230 different species of bird