Mkhaya Game Reserve is an untouched wilderness in southeast Swaziland’s lowveld region. Home to endangered species and 4 of the big 5 (with both black and white rhino), the area offers prime game viewing. The unique semi-open accommodation at Mkhaya Stone Camp is the perfect complement for a close-to-nature experience.
Travel in the reserve is solely by open Land Rovers or on foot with guided walking safaris guaranteeing intimate encounters with wildlife. A short walk from the camp, Kirky’s Hide offers the perfect site from which to view inhabitants large and small – birders will thrill at the chance of seeing the elusive Narina Trogan. Game drive day tours and 1-2 night fully-catered bush trails can be arranged.
The unique accommodation comprises 4 Twin Cottages, 4 Double Cottages, 1 Triple Cottage, and 3 Family Cottages which are semi-open and constructed from local rock and thatch. Overlooking a dry river bed and illuminated by the romantic glow of paraffin lanterns, guests will truly feel at one with nature. A number of travel packages allow you to arrange the perfect stay inclusive of fabulous bush cuisine.
- Situated in Mkhaya Game Reserve, a pristine lowveld wilderness in the southeast of Swaziland which is haven to endangered species and 4 of the Big 5
- Rates inclusive of park entry, accommodation, sumptuous bush cuisine, open Landrover game drives and acclaimed walking safaris – true value for money
- Staffed and patrolled entirely by Swazis from neighbouring communities
- One of Africa’s best anit-poaching units completely self-financed through visitor revenues
- Unique accommodation in semi-open thatch and stone cottages