Sandals Guest House enjoys the prime location of St Francis Bay, a balmy village in The Eastern Cape with meandering waterways, charming thatched houses, prolific birdlife, stretches of golden beaches, and the longest sunshine hours on the South African coast. What’s not to love?
The guesthouse is placed a mere 150 metres from the main beach, where plenty of ocean adventure awaits on yachts, kayaks, fishing, kite surfing, stand-up paddling, and windsurfing. Hiking the Sand River dunes is recommended at any time of the year, and various game and nature reserves are a short drive from St Francis Bay. True daredevils have the option of the World’s Highest Commercial Bungee Jump at 216m off the Bloukrans Bridge, or feel like Tarzan on a Tsitsikamma Treetop Canopy Tour.
Sandals is a palm-fringed thatched house with pool bar, large wooden decks, and swimming pool set in a lush semi-tropical garden. Earthy African and Caribbean themes spruce up the 10 sizable en-suite bedrooms, all with extra-length beds and sliding doors opening onto your private balcony or garden. Indian Ocean flavours infuse Sandals cuisine with a pure South African essence.
- 150m from St Francis Bay’s main beach in the Eastern Cape
- 10 en-suite bedrooms with extra-length beds and sliding doors leading out to private balcony or garden
- Ocean sports, Bloukrans Bridge bungee jumping, Treetop Canopy Tours, Sand River dune hikes
- Hikes in nature reserves and excursions to nearby game reserves
- Cuisine of Indian Ocean flavours