The sprawling homestead of Dune Ridge Country House is a stone’s throw from the seaside town of St Francis Bay. Surrounded by fynbos, dune fields, and emanating old-world farmhouse charm – this is the perfect scenic retreat for those exploring South Africa’s coastal region.
The towns of St Francis Bay and Cape St Francis attract nature-lovers, anglers, and water sport fanatics alike. Visitors can enjoy a round of golf at St Francis Bay Golf Course or the championship St Francis Links. Bodyboard in the breakers along the beach or kite-surf in the Kromme river-mouth. Seal Point Lighthouse is an interesting stop while the Cape St Francis Nature Reserve is home to nature walks that border the ocean.
Dune Ridge Country House can host guests in their Family Cottage, Garden Suites, and Garden Cottages. Country fare with ingredients sourced from their vegetable garden or local suppliers is served in the breakfast room, on the patio, by the pool, or in the dining room. Enjoy a unique frogging safari or an afternoon at Dune Ridge’s Bush Spa.
- Located close to Cape St Francis and St Francis Bay
- 7 accommodation options are available including Garden Cottages, Garden Suites, and a Family Cottage
- Dune Ridge is home to a Bush Spa and offers frogging safaris and nature walks
- Activities in the nearby town include golf, kite-surfing, fishing, and body-boarding
- St Francis Bay is a mere 1h30 from Port Elizabeth and situated on South Africa’s Garden Route