Families and small parties who want to experience the African bush in a respectful way, need look no further than the Shamwari Game Reserve’s Sarili Lodge. With only 4 Luxury Rooms and one Suite (sleeping a maximum of 10 people at any time) this lodge, on the banks of the Bushman’s River, promises guests an African-bush experience that is both exclusive and environmentally friendly.
Take in the views of vast surrounding plains from the spacious deck while the kids safely explore the African bush. Shamwari offers a special ‘Kids on Safari’ programme where children aged 4 and older get a chance to view the Big 5 in a malaria-free environment that covers five eco-systems. Visits to the nearby Born Free Foundation and Shamwari Animal Rehabilitation Centre can also be arranged while child minders are available at an additional cost.
The lodge’s old farmhouse-style décor promises to transport guests to a bygone era while retaining all the perks you’d expect from a luxury getaway: en suite bathrooms, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, international adaptors, international dial phone, child-friendly swimming pool, satellite TV, mini-bar, and more.
- Situated in the malaria-free Shamwari Game Reserve which houses 5 eco-systems
- Exclusive stay with 4 Luxury Rooms and one Suite sleeping a maximum of 10 guests
- Child-friendly: a kids’ programme provides a tailored safari experience and child minders are available at additional cost
- Gorgeous views of the Bushman’s River and vast plains of the Eastern Cape
- Old farmhouse-style décor coupled with modern essentials