Five-star accommodation? Check. An authentic experience of the African bush? Check. Minus the hassle of malaria? Check. A holiday that’s suited for the whole family? Check. At the Shamwari Riverdene Lodge in The Eastern Cape you’re guaranteed to experience all this - and more.
The 25,000-hectare Shamwari Game Reserve is malaria-free and affords you the chance to see a range of wildlife - including the endangered black rhino. Shamwari’s rangers are well-trained and are brimming with a wealth of knowledge of the area and its animals, thereby ensuring that every open-vehicle game drive is an awe-inspiring experience. The special ‘Kids on Safari’ programme is a great way for the little ones to get in on the action too.
Accommodation consists of 9 Luxury Rooms which can sleep two adults and one child. Six of the rooms come with twin beds and three come with twin beds and sleeper couches. Seven of the rooms are inter-leading, making for a great family stay. All rooms come with a private patio, mini-bar, satellite TV, international adapters, electronic safe, air conditioning, and more.
- 25,000 hectares of malaria-free African wilderness
- Home to a vast range of wildlife - including the endangered black rhino
- Game drives guided by expertly trained and well-informed game rangers
- The special ‘Kids on Safari’ programme guarantees great game-viewing experiences for the little ones
- The reserve has been awarded for its successful conservation efforts