Located in the 25,000-hecatres malaria-free Shamwari Game Reserve, Shamwari Bayethe Lodge provides one of the best tented-safari camp experiences in The Eastern Cape. Shrouded by riverine trees, each tented suite offers privacy from one another and the calming rustle of leaves in the wind is guaranteed to soothe and relax.
Shamwari Game Reserve showcases plants, animals, and birdlife belonging to five different eco-systems, ensuring a varied and exciting viewing experience for its guests. Game drives in open 4x4 vehicles take place in the morning and afternoon, stalking the land in search of the Big 5 and the large range of raptors such as black harrier, fish eagle, pale chanting goshawk, and kingfisher.
Accommodation consists of 9 Luxury Tents and 3 Superior Tents. All tents feature an en suite bathroom, air conditioning, private plunge pool and a mini-bar. The Superior option also boasts a fireplace and a private deck, including a hammock. The camp spa offers a variety of body and beauty treatments designed to rejuvenate and invigorate.
- Intimate location within the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve
- Exciting game drives, with sightings of the Big 5 and more
- A bird lover’s paradise, Madikwe is home to around 300 different species of bird
- Luxury accommodation with great features, including a fireplace and a private plunge pool
- In-house spa, steam room, and gym facilities