Pumba Water Lodge is a five-star retreat overlooking Lake Cariega, a popular watering hole, in Pumba Game Reserve in the The Eastern Cape. The reserve covers 6,000ha and is home to a variety of wildlife including large game including the Big 5.
Lake Cariega attracts a myriad of animals and birdlife which can be viewed from the lodge’s timber deck. The relative smallness of the reserve results in a high density of wildlife affording frequent sightings and even a chance of seeing the elusive white lion which has made its home here. Open 4x4 vehicles guided by experienced rangers take guests on safaris while other leisure activities include tracking or bush walks, birding safaris, bass fishing, star gazing and archery.
12 thatched, stonewalled Chalets, each have a private deck overlooking Lake Cariega, are air-conditioned, and have separate bath and indoor showers along with heated towel rails. Outdoor showers, a cosy fireplace, binoculars and books, and a private plunge pool definitely up the luxury ante! Soak up some rays on the sun deck, take a dip in the pool or enjoy a cocktail at the bar on the shore.
- On a 6000ha private game reserve in malaria-free Eastern Cape
- Small reserve with a high density of wildlife ensuring prime game-viewing
- Rare white lion species have made this reserve their home so you may catch a glimpse!
- Good choice of activities on offer both on and off site
- Soul Spa and Wellness Centre at neighbouring lodge available to guests