At Lalibela Game Reserve in South Africa’s malaria-free Eastern Cape ‘5’ seems to be the magic number—the Big 5 are all accounted for and a 7,500ha span covering 5 ecosystems serves up a stunning diversity of plant and animal life. From its hillside perch Lentaba Lodge and the 8 thatched chalets making up its accommodation look out over a beautiful valley within this varied reserve.
Conveniently located just an hour from Port Elizabeth en route to Grahamstown along the N2, the reserve is easily accessible though devoid of public roads within its borders meaning once you enter it is guests only. Twice daily game drives in the morning and evening correspond to the wildlife’s high activity periods.
And at the lodge game-viewing continues, whether from the pool-side loungers, your chalet’s secluded private viewing deck, or while enjoying an al fresco dinner in the outdoor boma overlooking a waterhole spotlit after dark. 2 viewing decks and inside and outside lounge provide plenty of places to unwind and socialise during the day while African decor and three fireplaces add warmth to the whole affair.
- Located on the N2 between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown makes for easy access
- Road transfers can be arranged from Port Elizabeth Airport and Hotels at additional cost
- Diverse habitat including the Big 5 and a variety of plains game and smaller species
- The chalets are well spaced providing intimacy
- No public roads running through the park ensures a more authentic safari experience