Situated on a small hill, with only the apexes of the thatched roofs visible among the trees, Kichaka Lodge looks out over a hippo dam in the Kichaka Private Game Reserve in South Africa's temperate Eastern Cape. This lodge is the perfect fusion of intimate accommodation and an authentic and personalised safari experience.
The Eastern Cape is quickly becoming popular for big-game Malaria-Free Safaris. The temperate climate and gently undulating hills lend themselves to game-viewing – fewer trees, no malaria, and better vantage points. Game drives and nature walks offered by Kichaka are some of the best around. The reserve is teeming with rhino, cheetah, lion, elephant, buffalo, hyena, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, many species of antelope and a host of fascinating nocturnal creatures.
10 Suites dot the hillside and are appointed with hotel-like luxury and amenities: full en suite bathroom, private deck, under-floor heating, air conditioning, heated plunge pool, lounge, mini-bar, internet access, and 24-hour room service. If that all sounds too far-removed from the virgin bush that rolls around outside, fear not for the floor-to-ceiling sliding doors open directly on to the deck and the bush.
- Situated in the Kichaka Private Game Reserve, home to a wide variety of wildlife species
- Guided game drives and bush walks provide an intimate and exciting safari adventure
- With only 10 available suites, staying at Kichaka is always a highly personalised experience
- Luxury accommodation with great amenities and plenty of much appreciated extras
- The nearby waterhole can be observed for hours from Kichaka’s own viewing deck