One of four grand safari lodges on Kwandwe Game Reserve, Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge lies along the lush banks of the Great Fish River just 2 hours’ drive from Port Elizabeth, on the outskirts of Grahamstown.
With a focus on conservation, Kwandwe has made dedicated efforts to expand their territories and reintroduce animals previously driven from the area, like the cheetah. Skilled rangers and trackers guide twice daily game drives to seek out and bring you close to the Big 5 and wide variety of animal and bird species. Experience a night time adventure and track nocturnal wildlife like the elusive aardvark, aardwolf and bat-eared fox by spotlight.
Local fauna surrounds the lodge while the thatched roof soars grandly overhead. Large fireplaces cast warmth and light over richly woven rugs, yellowwood cists, hand stitched damask linen and the antique china, pewter and silver typical of an 1820 Settlers’ farmhouse. The 9 suites feature an en-suite bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, private verandah and plunge pool where meals can be enjoyed when not taken in the candle-lit dining room, on the main deck or in the boma.
- On a malaria-free private game reserve in the Eastern Cape just 2 hours from Port Elizabeth
- Great private safari end to a Garden Route itinerary or simply for a weekend getaway from the city
- Night drives on offer from the lodge on request
- Dining in a number of venues on the property, including special boma evenings
- Suites are extremely luxurious and private with their own plunge pools
Watch our video of Kwandwe Private Game Reserve for a closer look.