Kwandwe Ecca Lodge is one of four luxury lodges on malaria-free Kwandwe Game Reserve, about 2 hours’ drive from Port Elizabeth. Situated on rolling slopes overlooking an acacia valley with a backdrop of steep shale cliffs, the views are astounding.
Skilled rangers and trackers lead guests on morning and evening game drives exploring four distinct habitats harbouring characteristic fauna and flora or, in place of the latter, on an on-foot Big Game tracking activity. All bring you close to the Big 5 and other wildlife. Ever-changing and locally-inspired and sourced menus on offer morning, noon and night, satiate all hunger and curiosity cravings.
This lodge is innovative, stylish and intimate, embodying a ‘funk meets futuristic farmhouse’ ambience with giant Warhol-like prints, retro light fittings and a bold palette. A rim flow lap pool with a shaded teak sundeck, open-plan interactive kitchen and interpretive library are also available. The 6 roomy Suites feature luxuriously proportioned living areas, bedrooms and bathrooms. Wraparound wooden decks are accessed via glass doors from the sitting rooms and bedrooms, and feature outdoor showers with galvanised bath base and stone wall.
- 22,000ha private game reserve in malaria-free Eastern Cape
- Just 22 rooms in total spread across 4 lodges, the reserve offers one of the most exclusive wilderness experiences in South Africa
- Rim flow swimming pool, interactive kitchen and interpretive library on site
- Suites at Kwandwe are particularly luxurious with your own private plunge pool
- Four distinct habitats on reserve showcasing varied flora and fauna
Watch our video of Kwandwe Private Game Reserve for a closer look.