Kariega Game Reserve stretches across the Kariega and Bushman’s River valleys that feed into the Indian Ocean. With elevated views of the reserve, Ukhozi Lodge invites guests to spend their days exploring the reserve by foot, vehicle, and boat, and to later retreat into the rustic luxury of its well-appointed Suites and their private plunge pools and viewing decks.
Spanning some 10,000ha, Kariega is not only Big 5 country, but also finds itself in the historic hub of The Eastern Cape. Guests can visit Grahamstown, an 1820 Settler colony (now home to a thriving university), or stop by the charming seaside resort town of Kenton-on-Sea only 10 minutes away.
Ukhozi’s main lodge has sumptuous couches, wooden floors, stone fireplaces, and glowing chandeliers—perfect settings for post-safari chitchat. Its outdoor boma and rock pool will no doubt bring the day to a refreshing close, while the 10 air-conditioned Suites, their private plunge pools, and panoramic views of the reserve extending to the horizon hint at untold luxury. Each has a generous bath, indoor shower, safe, telephone, and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- 1h20 from PE airport and only 10min from the idyllic seaside holiday town, Kenton-on-Sea
- Big 5 Game Reserve with a hugely diverse landscape encompassing coast, river, and land
- Activities include game drives, fishing trips, beach excursions, spa treatments, and bush walks
- Each Suite has a private deck and plunge pool
- Superbly located with panoramic views of the reserve