The 10,000ha Kariega Game Reserve is one of the most well-known Big 5 private, malaria-free game reserves in The Eastern Cape. It is also home to Kariega River Lodge, one of 5 lodges on the reserve, unique in that it lies on the Bushman’s River and connects a Big 5 reserve to the sea.
Family-owned and run, Kariega Game Reserve hosts an expansive variety of game and birdlife. Dramatic views and different habitats all combine to provide a most rewarding safari. With two perennial rivers you can mix things up with a kayak paddle down-river or a boat cruise to the seaside village of Kenton-on-Sea and their wonderful beaches or on to a fishing excursion.
The 10 classically appointed thatched suites all have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning and private patios. The main lodge features lounges, a library, dining room, swimming pool and magnificent viewing deck. Guests can go on twice-daily game drives and exciting evening drives when most predators come out to play. In the evenings, enjoy riverside sundowners with the sights and sounds of Africa all around you, before a hearty dinner at the lodge.
- On the well-known Kariega Game Reserve in malaria free Eastern Cape
- Unique property that connects a Big 5 reserve with the Sea.
- One of 5 lodges on the 10,000ha property, does not permit children under 10 years
- Combination of land and water based activities on offer
- Wellness Centre available at the main lodge, but treatments can be taken in room at Kariega River Lodge