Kariega Main Lodge is the original of four lodges on Kariega Game Reserve in The Eastern Cape province - a malaria-free area. Family-owned and operated, its 10,000ha play host to the Big 5, dramatic views and different habitats.
Twice daily game drives are the centre of safari activities at Kariega, but river cruises on the Kariega Queen are also offered, allowing you to spot bird and animal life at a more leisurely pace. Guided safari walks and canoe trips are the best way to get up close and personal with the wildlife of the area, or you can even try your hand at fishing in the magnificent Kariega River.
Main Lodge’s timber structure has been cleverly designed to integrate with the natural surroundings. There are 21 Log Cabins resting on stilts with private decks boasting tremendous views. Each Cabin has a living area with satellite television and fireplace, and a bedroom with en-suite bathroom. The public areas of the Main Lodge are home to relaxing lounges, the restaurant and boma, bar and swimming pool. Exercise and spa facilities can be easily accessed at the lodge’s Wellness Centre.
- Family friendly lodge in Kariega Game Reserve in the malaria-free Eastern Cape
- Log Cabins are particularly spacious and some have private plunge pools on their decks
- Children’s play area, babysitting and midday activities on offer
- Wellness Centre wiht an equipped gym and spa treatments
- Variety of land and water based safari activities