Overlooking the babbling Bushman’s River in The Eastern Cape, Amakhala Woodbury Tented Camp offers guests a magical safari experience – without the hassle of malaria. Plus: you stand the chance to see the majestic Big 5, as well as other species of African wildlife and birdlife.
The Bushman’s River slithers through the Amakhala Game Reserve, drawing zebra, giraffe, buffalo, eland, rhino, and elephant to its nourishing banks. Regal fish eagles soar overhead. All these (and more) creatures can be spotted from the lodge’s main deck – but if you want to get a closer look, day and night game drives or guided walks can be arranged. Canoeing trips, river cruises, picnic lunches, and bird-watching excursions are also possible.
After a day of exploring, kick back at one of Woodbury’s 7 En suite Tents. Each tent sits on a raised deck with its own private patio, and inside you’ll find either twin-size or double beds – depending on your preference. Dinner is served at the main dining-and-lounge area, where you’ll also find the viewing deck and swimming pool.
- Malaria-free safari experience – with the chance of seeing the Big 5
- Twice-daily game drives, guided walks, canoe trips, and river cruises are offered
- 7 En suite Tents with private patios
- A paradise for bird-watchers, with 180 species of birdlife recorded
- Gorgeous views of the Bushman’s River