High above Bushman River Valley in the private Amakhala Game Reserve, Amakhala Woodbury Lodge offers spectacular views of lush tree canopies below and open plains beyond. This malaria-free reserve is full of exciting wildlife, with the resident herd of elephants ranking particularly high on the list.
Morning, afternoon, and night game drives are an exciting and informative affairs. As your guide navigates the reserve, keep your eyes peeled for the world-famous Big 5, as well as zebra, cheetah, and various other wild inhabitants. The park is also home to a high number of antelope species, which can be seen scampering around the reserve’s expansive 18,000 hectares of The Eastern Cape's pristine bushveld.
6 stand-alone Lodges, constructed from stone and crowned by thatch, make up the accommodation offered by Woodbury. Each of these comfortable dwellings features a private viewing deck, en suite bathroom, air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a mini-bar. Two of these lodges are Family Suites, making this a great spot for a family vacation. Babysitting services are available, affording parents a chance to let their hair down and enjoy their time in this natural paradise.
- Located in a private, malaria-free game reserve
- Awe-inspiring views of the bushveld stretching out towards the horizon
- Intimate and exclusive experience, with only 6 available suites
- Quality, stand-alone accommodation with a private deck to soak up the spectacular view
- Sizeable lodge swimming pool – the perfect spot to laze around with a drink in your hand