The striking stone-capped roof tops of Amakhala Safari Lodge welcome guests to a rustic, African tribal-style safari accommodation with all the comforts of a luxury retreat. Standing within the dense African bushveld of the compact Amakhala Game Reserve, the lodge offers guests the chance to bathe in the sounds of nature.
The compact nature of the game reserve ensures that game-viewing is consistent. Day and night game drives will give guests plenty of opportunities to spot the Big 5, as well as giraffe, wildebeest, and zebra to name a few. The majestic Bushman’s River winds its way through the reserve and is ideal for boat cruises.
By combining the solid walls of a conventional room and the canvas drop blinds of a tent in front, the 11 safari suites are designed in a way that enhances both the luxury and rustic elements of the lodge. Opening the drop blind will treat guests to an uninterrupted view of the bush, with certain suites looking out directly on to the waterhole. The pool overlooking the lush African bushveld is perfect for relaxation.
- Rustic, African tribal-style design with striking stone-capped roof tops
- Located in the Amakhala Game Reserve – dense wildlife populations and Big 5 territory
- The Bushman’s River winds its way through the reserve offering opportunities for boat cruises
- Three of the walls of the suites are normal, while one is a canvas drop blind which opens on to the African bushveld
- Relaxing pool overlooks the lush African bushveld