Set in a sprawling, untamed part of The Eastern Cape known as ‘frontier country’, Reed Valley Inn on Amakhala Game Reserve offers personalised service and tailor-made activities. Located only an hour from Port Elizabeth’s national airport, this is an ideal safari add-on for travellers exploring the Eastern Cape and those making their way along the Wild Coast.
Once the descendants of early 19th-century Frontier settlers realised that their land would be better suited to conservation as opposed to farming, Amakhala Game Reserve was born. Named after the wealth of succulents found in the area, the reserve has flourished since its inception in 1991 and now protects rhino, elephant, lion, bat-eared fox and giraffe, to name a few.
An aloe-lined path leads up to the front door and wraparound verandah of Reed Valley Inn. Its 4 Country Rooms have en-suite bathrooms, separate entrances, and private patios adorned with wooden floors, high ceilings, and bespoke artisan furnishings. Spend your day enjoying game drives in the reserve and your evenings dining at the nearby Bush Lodge.
- Personalised service and tailor-made activities
- Onsite amenities include a swimming pool and Wi-Fi
- Each Country Room has its own entrance and patio, ensuring privacy
- Located on Amakhala Game Reserve only an hour from Port Elizabeth and its airport
- Ideal add-on for those passing through Port Elizabeth or heading along the Wild Coast