Make your way up to the heights of the Zuurberg mountains. There rests the Zuurberg Mountain Village: a 150-year-old historic hotel overlooking the undulating and sometimes mist-laden valleys of the Addo Elephant National Park below. Conveniently located only an hour from Port Elizabeth and its airport, this is a terrific safari- and outdoor-enthusiasts add-on to an itinerary in the area.
Addo Elephant National Park and its surrounding area is home to a wealth of nature-focused activities. The park is home to the Big 5 and particularly high concentrations of buffalo and elephant. The countryside is dotted with hiking trails and walking trails, while certain elephants found in the park are habituated and allow for close human interaction.
Resting on 160 hectares of indigenous vegetation, Zuurberg Mountain Village has all the amenities one would expect of an established country retreat. When not exploring the park and the hotel’s grounds, guests can make use of the swimming pool, English pub, kiddies’ playground, and games area. Guests can either stay in Zuurberg Manor’s 9 rooms (5 of which are family suites) or in the Edwardian Village Cottages that have mountain and valley views.
- Magnificent views of and with access to Addo
- 150-year-old hotel in the Zuurberg mountains
- Extensive onsite amenities to keep guests entertained
- Activities ranging from horse-riding and hiking to game drives and elephant-back safaris
- Zuurberg Manor Rooms boast full bathrooms, a mini bar, private patio, and stunning views
- The luxuriously private Edwardian Village Cottages have 2 patios facing east and west