Stable Cottages’ whitewashed, Cape country-style cottages lie scattered across 4 hectares of expansive green lawn. Here, earth meets sky and tranquillity reigns. The great outdoors coupled with spacious accommodation are ideal for families and couples looking for a retreat, not to mention it’s located just outside the Addo Elephant National Park, known for its exceptional elephant population and Big 5.
Stable Cottages gives guests easy access to a superb game-viewing location. Apart from elephants, guests are treated to sightings of black rhino, hyena, jackal, lion, large herds of buffalos, and a variety of antelope. Explore the valley bushveld on twice-daily game drives and horseback rides; or walk with elephants, learning more about these giant pachyderms in their natural habitat. Nature lovers will enjoy kayaks on the Sundays River or hikes through the scenic Zuurberg Mountains.
All cottages come with a private veranda overlooking the 12m swimming pool. There’s no lack of entertainment for the little ones thanks to a fully-equipped playroom, TV, and DVD player. Wine-lovers can indulge at the Wine Bar and gourmands can enjoy an à la carte dinner at the Farm Café.
- A mere 8km from the Addo Elephant National Park
- Superb game-viewing opportunities, as well as walks with the elephants, and horseback safaris
- Kayaking on the Sundays River or hiking the scenic Zuurberg Mountains
- The 6 whitewashed cottages are spacious with a private verandas overlooking the 12m swimming pool
- Stable Cottages is ideal for families thanks to its expansive property and fully-equipped kiddies playroom