A game-viewing experience within easy driving distance of South Africa’s Garden Route and Wild Coast is at your fingertips in Addo Elephant National Park. The park’s principal camp, Addo Rest Camp, offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all travellers as they explore the country’s 3rd largest park—home to the Big 5 and high densities of wildlife.
Unsurprisingly, Addo Elephant National Park boasts a magnificent elephant population, with numbers estimated at over 600. Catching sight of Africa’s gentle giants is easy to do here, along with Cape Buffalo, black rhino, and all sorts of antelope species. Keep your eyes peeled as you may catch sight of lion and hyena in the underbrush.
Addo Rest Camp’s pragmatic approach to game-viewing won’t disappoint. Guests can observe wildlife from the floodlit waterhole and underground hide, allowing for close-up and undetected encounters with the park’s inhabitants. There is an onsite swimming pool, restaurant, and shop; while excursions into the park can be done via horse, 4X4, and on foot. Activities include bush walks, hiking trails, birding trips, and guided or self-drive safaris.
- Accommodation includes a Caravan Site, Tent Site, Forest Cabin, Safari Tent, Rondavel, Chalet, Cottage, Family Chalet, and two guest houses
- For your convenience there is a swimming pool, restaurant, shop, fuel station, and picnic/braai area at camp
- Elephant sightings are a guarantee
- Home to the largest remaining population of flightless dung beetle
- 3rd largest national park in the country