Explore the dynamic terrain of The Eastern Cape’s conservation area from the comfort of Addo Elephant Back Safaris and Lodge. As its name suggests, guests can roam the area and view game from the back of an elephant, while the nearby Addo Elephant National Park is home to the highest population density of elephants in the world along with the Big 5.
The Big 5 and its incredible elephant population is not Addo’s only drawcard: it also boasts the so-called ‘Big 7’ which includes the Big 5 along with southern right whale and great white shark. Get a bird’s-eye view of the Zuurberg mountains while enjoying a scenic flight over the area, play a round of golf at Bushman Sands, or take a day tour into the Karoo to learn more about the Anglo-Boer War.
Accommodation at the family-friendly Lodge consists of 10 luxury Suites made from a combination of canvas and wood, which complements the surrounding environment. All units have an en-suite bathroom, private viewing deck with a plunge pool, and an indoor and outdoor shower.
- Visitors can enjoy elephant-back safaris as well as nature walks and game drives
- The lodge has 10 luxury Suites with private viewing decks and plunge pool
- The nearby Addo Elephant Park is home to the ‘Big 7’, and the world’s highest population density of elephants
- Enjoy scenic flights over the Zuurberg mountain range, golfing, and Anglo-Boer War tours
- The lodge is less than 1h30 minutes from Port Elizabeth