Out of the dust of the North West Province’s arid bushveld rises the legendary entertainment palace of Sun City, South Africa’s unrivalled queen of holiday resorts. Africa’s Kingdom of Pleasure offers non-stop entertainment across a huge complex, comprised of extravagant spaces like the colossal watery world of the Valley of the Waves, verdant grounds, and four world-class hotels, to name but a few.
Visitors to Sun City will find an overwhelming amount of activities on offer. Spend the morning taking to the waters of the 1.8m-high artificial surf at the Valley of the Waves, followed by jet-skiing, water-skiing, or mini boating at Waterworld. Relish in a round of afternoon golf at one of the two world-class golf courses, and end the day at the entertainment centres where you can indulge your every pleasure in glitzy casinos and flamboyant restaurants.
A superb offering of hotels can be enjoyed throughout Sun City, ranging from the opulent Palace of the Lost City to the casual sophistication of the Cascades Hotel. Sun City lies a convenient 200km from Johannesburg and can be reached by renting a car or hopping on a Sun City private transfer.
- Undoubtedly South Africa’s unrivalled queen of holiday resorts
- Non-stop entertainment across a huge complex, a mini city in its own right
- The Valley of the Waves is a colossal lagoon with 1.8m-high artificial waves
- Two world-class golf courses can be found at Sun City – Gary Player Golf Course and the Lost City Golf Course
- Glitzy casinos and extravagant restaurants dot the area
- Accommodation options are many and range from the opulent Palace of the Lost City to the casual sophistication of the Cascades