With the aim of providing a memorable experience in the Madikwe Game Reserve, The Bush House is an owner-run game lodge with a dedication to friendly service with a personal touch. Transformed from an old farmhouse into a relaxing retreat, the lodge exudes an informal atmosphere reminiscent of home.
As one of the lesser-known reserves in South Africa, the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve offers stunning wildlife encounters and a Big 5 experience free from the throngs of tourists that flock to the other reserves. The only crowds guests will see here are herds of elephants and other animals. An underground hide is accessed from a path within the lodge’s garden allowing guests to get up close and personal with elephants, buffalo, and rhino.
With only 6 en-suite rooms, the lodge offers a level of privacy to match its personalised service. Four of the rooms feature private verandahs, while one overlooks the garden and waterhole, and the other revels in the soothing sounds of a water feature. Relish the pool’s cool water beneath the warm sun, or enjoy dinner under the stars.
- The owners are dedicated to friendly service with a personal touch
- An informal atmosphere pervades the lodge
- Situated in the Big 5, malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve - one of South Africa’s lesser-known reserves
- An underground hide is accessed from a path within the lodge’s garden
- With only 6 en-suite rooms, the lodge offers a level of privacy to match its personalised service