The privately-owned Tau Game Lodge, located in the 76,000-hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, offers the ultimate safari experience without sacrificing comfort or luxury. Madikwe is the fourth-largest reserve in the country, with some truly spectacular animal diversity.
The reserve is home to 27 species of well-known game and many more underdogs, as well as a staggering amount of birdlife. Morning and afternoon game drives or guided bush walks through the wilderness often yield sightings of the Big 5, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, and even the endangered African wild dog. The population of birdlife is way over 300, a number few other reserves can boast about.
Accommodation consists of 30 Luxury Chalets, with a maximum lodge capacity of 60 guests. Decorated in a style fusing various African cultures and crafts, each chalet features an en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, and a private viewing deck. The nearby natural waterhole can be seen from these decks, affording frequent views of various animals and birds cooling off on a hot day. And if you find yourself wishing to do the same, the lodge’s swimming pool will definitely get the job done.
- Set in Madikwe Game Reserve – 76,000 hectares of malaria-free African wilderness
- Game drives in 4x4 vehicles and guided bush walks provide for some fantastic game viewing
- Dozens of wildlife species including the Big 5, and over 300 species of birdlife
- In-house spa offering massages and beauty treatments
- Natural waterhole visible from the lodge – sit back and wait for the wildlife to come to you