Rest and respite is quite literally the name of the game at Rhulani Safari Lodge, found a 4.5hr-drive from Johannesburg in Madikwe Game Reserve. Directly translated, ‘rhulani’ means ‘relax’, and this is precisely what guests can do while enjoying all the unique and exciting comforts and activities that are paired with a luxury safari in South Africa.
Stretching from the Dwarsberg Mountains and the Marico River to the open plains, woodlands, and boulder-strewn kopjes found across the landscape; Madikwe Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s conservation success stories. Home to the Big 5, 350 different bird species, and an impressive array of other large game and wildlife, the reserve is an unforgettable add-on to any itinerary.
Rhulani merges with the landscape thanks to its airy, outdoor spaces and neutral décor palette. Their 7 Luxury Chalets each boast a private deck, plunge pool, Morso fireplace, and en-suite bathrooms complete with oval baths, twin basins, and indoor/outdoor showers. Guests can make use of Rhulani’s spa facilities, swimming pool, and curio shop when not enjoying walking and vehicle safaris, birdwatching, stargazing, and excursions across the border to Botswana’s capital: Gaborone.
- 2-bedroom Suite for families while the extra-large bedrooms accommodate stretcher beds/two single beds for children
- Enjoy massage treatments on your deck or in your room
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms
- Each room has a private deck, private plunge pool, and Morso fireplace
- Home to the Big 5 and 350 bird species, hyena, wild dog, and cheetah among others