The 75,000-hectare Madikwe Game Reserve, which the Impodimo Game Lodge calls home, is rich in fauna and flora, and free of malaria. And if that doesn’t convince you to go, consider this: the lodge is carved into a hillside and overlooks the game reserve’s vast expanse.
All Impodimo’s 8 Standard Suites and 2 Deluxe Suites are glass-fronted and come with outdoor showers, making for spectacular views of the natural spring and green bushveld below. Lusher than the surrounding bush (thanks to the Marico River), Madikwe is rich in wildlife: the Big 5, wild dog, cheetah, and over 350 species of birdlife all call Madikwe home. Open-vehicle game drives with experienced trackers are offered in the mornings and evenings. A special safari programme is also offered for kids under the age of six.
After a day in the wild, relaxation awaits: all rooms come with an en suite bathroom and mini-bar, and the 2 Deluxe Suites have their own private plunge pools and boma decks. The lodge comes with a swimming pool, library, gift shop, wine cellar, and a spa.
- Situated within the wildlife-rich, malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve
- 8 Standard Suites and 2 Deluxe Suites come with en suite bathroom, outdoor showers, and mini-bar
- Game drives offered in the mornings and evenings, with special safari programme for children under 6
- Overlooks a natural spring and the vast Madikwe bushveld
- A paradise for birdwatchers with 350 species of birdlife recorded