The urban heart of the Limpopo Province, Polokwane, enjoys an enviable position in the north of South Africa in close proximity to Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland, and natural spectacles like the Kruger National Park and the forested Magoebaskloof. With so many sought-after destinations within reach, the city is an ideal base from which to explore Southern Africa.
Amid the sleepy tree-lined suburbs and vibrant townships on its outskirts, lies a city filled to the brim with exciting opportunities for adventure. The downtown area and its civic centre is the artistic soul of the city, home to the Polokwane Art Museum and the Hugh Exton Photographic Museum with their magnificent displays of proudly South African art and photography. Nightlife is centred on the Meropa Casino & Entertainment World, with the hip-and-happening flocking to its clubs, coffee shops, restaurants, and Afro-chic jazz club.
Its friendly inhabitants help the city live up to its name of ‘place of safety’. A wealth of agricultural resources and its close proximity to other major urban centres within South Africa make it a hotspot for business travellers. The Polokwane International Airport lies just 5km outside the city.
- Urban centre in close proximity to Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland, and other natural attractions
- Downtown area and its civic centre act as an artistic hub in the city
- The Meropa Casino & Entertainment World houses clubs, coffee shops, conference venues, and restaurants
- The city lives up to its name, ‘place of safety’ due to its friendly inhabitants and low crime statistics
- Proximity to major urban centres both within South Africa’s borders and without
- Rich cultural diversity