Close your eyes and listen to the lullaby of the Indian Ocean as the soft sea breeze strokes your cheeks. Near to the city of Durban in South Africa’s “forgotten paradise”, Days at Sea offers refuge for nature lovers and foodies alike on the white beaches of Trafalgar, Kwazulu Natal.
The beachfront hotel is far enough from the city that it feels like your own private paradise. Three world-class golf courses surround the hotel, and a number of leading Big 5 game reserves are within driving distance. Trafalgar’s beach is protected by shark nets and has great surfing waves and rocky reefs excellent for snorkelling. 90-million-year-old fossil beds are located only a short distance from the shoreline, and the remains can be examined at Spring tide.
The 6 individually-furnished suites, decorated in aqua blue hues, have private terraces and are named after various indigenous animals in the local Zulu tongue. The swimming pool is positioned over the ocean and is beautifully illuminated at night. Above it, the lounge and restaurant of Italian and French “confusion cuisine” set the mood with projected images and eclectic music.
- Right on the golden beaches of the tiny coastal Trafalgar
- 6 individually furnished suites in shades of aqua blue, with private terraces and ocean views
- Three world-class golf courses and game reserves within driving distance
- Ocean for water sports and ancient fossil beds off the shoreline
- Swimming pool positioned over the ocean with restaurant and lounge serving fusion cuisine