Kwazulu Natal’s South Coast is a place of laid-back charm and high adventure. Here, mornings of blood-pumping activities in the waters of the Indian Ocean or swinging above the trees in dramatic gorges are complimented by relaxing, sun-soaked afternoons on stretches of golden beaches or in secluded rocky coves. This is also a place of great natural beauty where river inlets cut inland from the coast amid forest-covered nature reserves teeming with birdlife.
Adrenaline junkies’ first stop will definitely be Oribi Gorge, home to the world’s highest gorge swing, which takes visitors on a breathtaking swing over forests and rivers perfect for whitewater rafting. Numerous Blue Flag beaches ensure pristine and picturesque relaxation, while a round of golf can be enjoyed at some of the top golf courses in the country. Hike through the green forests of nature reserves or enjoy world-class deep-sea diving sites.
The coast stretches all the way from the Wild Coast in the Eastern Cape to the adventurer’s playground of Durban. Attractive towns along the coast are home to a wide range of accommodation options and are ideal bases from which to explore the coast. No time of year is the wrong time to visit thanks to warm waters and a sub-tropical climate.
- Ideal for adrenaline junkies, leisure-seekers, and nature lovers alike alike
- A place of great natural beauty with luscious nature reserves and dramatic gorges
- Oribi Gorge has the world’s highest gorge swing and adrenaline-pumping whitewater rafting
- Home to numerous Blue Flag beaches and some of the top golf courses in the country
- World-class deep-sea diving sites are found just offshore
- Attractive coastal towns with a wide range of accommodation options are found dotting the area