The protective branches of ancient coastal milkwoods embrace the wooden decks overlooking a garden teeming with diverse birdlife at the Sea Cottage Guest Homes. Only metres beyond, the warm Indian Ocean laps at the pristine sands of Zinkwazi Beach. ‘Zinkwazi’, meaning fish-eagle in Zulu, couldn’t be a better name for this stretch of the Kwazulu Natal coast, known for its wild array of bird life inhabiting the indigenous forests of the Zinkwazi conservancy.
Zinkwazi Beach’s shoreline encompasses a striking lagoon and is an ideal place to go boating, fishing, or birdwatching. Lucky visitors might spot dolphins cavorting in the waves. Guests wanting to explore further afield from the immediate area can take a leisurely drive out to the historical Anglo-Zulu Battlefields or the Shaka Memorial, a KwaZulu-Natal heritage site.
Five comfortable and spacious en-suite cottages are available, each offering guests direct access to the main swimming beach and the lagoon. There is a full swimming pool and a covered entertainment area available where guests can while away their vacation days. This idyllic escape is under an hour away from Durban and its airport, making it an easy add-on to any trip.
- Wooden decks surrounded by ancient coastal milkwoods offer views of the garden and shoreline
- Each comfortable and spacious en-suite cottage has direct access to the main swimming beach and lagoon
- The Zinkwazi conservancy with its indigenous forest and wide variety of birdlife is in proximity of the cottages
- Historical Anglo-Zulu battlefields and the Shaka Memorial are a leisurely drive away
- Full use of the swimming pool and covered entertainment area is on offer for guests