In the Zulu language, “pakamisa” means “to lift up”, and at Pakamisa Private Game Reserve you’re in for such excitement that your feet will hardly touch the ground. Taking advantage of its lofty setting on the plateau of the Pakamisa Mountain, the reserve offers views over the evergreen valley and plains of the Pongola River that will get the heart racing.
The reserve is about 4 hours away from Durban, but only 30 minutes away from the town of Pongola. This malaria-free area of Kwazulu Natal has bountiful African wildlife interspersed between the sugar cane belts and Swaziland mountains, and Pakamisa offers unique encounters with these species on tailor-made horseback safaris, game drives, bush walks, birding, and botanical trails. Archery, clay target and pellet gun shooting, and boat cruises are also available.
The lodge draws architectural inspiration from Spain, blended with the finest African materials resulting in 8 Luxury Safari Suites and one Honeymoon Suite of eclectic ambience. Relax around the pool and enjoy sundowners from Hunter’s Bar, with remarkable views. Fine dining awaits you at El Prado restaurant, and in private bush dinners beneath the stars.
- 8 Luxury Safari Suites and one Honeymoon Suite of eclectic Afro-European influence
- Set high on the plateau of the Pakamisa Mountain, overlooking the evergreen valley and river
- Unique horseback safaris with Arabian Horses—game-viewing also on game drives and bush walks
- Archery and clay target and pellet gun shooting
- Fine dining at El Prado restaurant, and bush banquets under the African sky