Venture north towards South Africa’s untouched eastern seaboard, a landscape of ocean, lakes, lagoons, and forest. Visitors don’t have to choose between a beach and a safari getaway as this is where the Big 5 becomes the big 6 thanks to the presence of the magnificent humpback whale. Sodwana Bay Lodge brings its guests mere minutes from the tropical Indian Ocean Islands’s waters and the iconic iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
In this part of the world nature trails and forest, walks are juxtaposed against snorkelling trips and deep-sea dives. Canoe down meandering walkways, take bird tours or traverse the terrain on a quad bike. The surrounding waters are loved by fisherman and water lovers alike. A microlight flight overlooking the surrounding park will no doubt reveal sightings of endless hippo and dolphin pods.
Sodwana Bay Lodge’s chalets have en-suite bathrooms, satellite TV, air-conditioning, bar fridges, tea/coffee-making facilities, and are serviced twice a day for your convenience. A mere 5km from the beach and with an on-site spa, restaurant, volleyball court, pool, and bar – guests will find it hard to leave this slice of tropical paradise.
- 5km from the beach and guests receive complimentary entry to iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- Something for everyone with safaris, diving, snorkelling, fishing, and hiking
- Comfortable chalets serviced twice daily to make sure you don’t lift a finger while on holiday
- 7hrs by road from Johannesburg, 4hrs from Durban, and 2.5hrs from Richmond (the nearest domestic airport)
- Small airstrip at the lodge accommodate charter flights