Built in 1968, the house that is now Teremok Marine Lodge still bears the name it was given by its original Russian owner. Translating to “little hideaway” that is still very much what the pleasure seeker and executive guest will find today at what is now a five-star boutique hotel on Umhlanga’s Marine Drive.
Just 1km from Umhlanga Village with its restaurants and shops and within walking distance of the lapping waters of the Indian Ocean, the lodge enjoys a prime position. Over and above that it is the attention to detail evident in the original doors, sash windows, and wooden floors. A more recent addition, the Teremok Spa, flies in the face of clinical minimalism with its hearty profusion of colour and texture evoking all the senses.
The 8 Suites at Teremok with open-plan bathrooms are unique from their design and layout to subtle touches like their individual scent, mood music, and evening confectionary. Rooms look out over the ocean or the hotel’s park-like garden which includes a swimming pool. A gym is also on offer.
- Features 8 individually designed suites with open-plan bathrooms
- Unique Teremok Spa plus gym and swimming pool on the premises
- Rates include much-talked-of breakfasts in the airy dining area
- Shuttles to nearby restaurants/attractions, booking service, laundry, and Wi-Fi
- Expansive landscaped gardens which are occasionally visited by vervet monkeys