Guests can get the best of both the city and the beach with Umhlanga Ridge’s City Lodge. Conveniently located adjacent to the impressive Gateway Theatre of Shopping and with Durban, the Umhlanga promenade, beachfront, and King Shaka International Airport all just a short drive away, why would you stay anywhere else while visiting this subtropical pocket of South Africa?
Umhlanga, once a small dot on the map next to Durban, is now a premiere destination for a coastal getaway for families and friends alike. Gateway Theatre of Shopping offers a variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options from Funtubbles Funfair for the whole family to the Wavehouse—home to the biggest supertube ride in the country and the wave-generating D-Rex and Flowriders (perfect practising grounds for surfers).
The City Lodge is located in the heart of Umhlanga’s business district, which is still small enough that the beach is a short drive away. This stylish hotel boasts a sundeck, pool, terraced café, and bar, while its en-suite Rooms all feature air-conditioning, satellite TV, tea/coffee-making facilities, a desk, and a safe. Sleeper-sofas and Universal Access rooms are available on request.
- Adjacent to Gateway Theatre of Shopping and minutes from Umhlanga’s beachfront and promenade
- Closely located to the freeway that leads to Durban and King Shaka International Airport—both short drives away
- One of the chain’s most stylish hotels
- 24-hr reception and walk-in facilities are available
- Pets permitted and babysitting services available—both on request