Antbear Drakensberg Lodge offers affordable, personalised and homely accommodation in a location ideal for independent travellers wanting to explore the Natal Midlands and Drakensberg area on their own steam. All of the area’s attractions from hiking to hot air ballooning and the enticing Midlands Meander are within easy driving distance.
The variety of artistic and locally-crafted attractions found along the Midlands Meander make it an exciting tourist route to travel. Charming towns dot the routes along with restaurants serving locally inspired fare in scenic surroundings. The nearby Drakensberg mountains now hide rock art and interesting wildlife along its numerous trails—the former being relics of the range’s occupation by bushman centuries ago.
Accommodation at Antbear Drakensberg Lodge comes in a variety of configurations from Individual Units and Luxury Suites to Family Units and En-Suite Doubles. Guests can even stay in a luxury cave that blends with the surrounding environment and rest assured that their furry friends are welcome at this pet-friendly establishment. It has also been said that bushmen rock art paintings can be found somewhere on the property…
- Great base for independent travellers wanting to explore the Midlands and Drakensberg region
- Accommodation for friends, families, groups, couples, and even pets
- Bushman rock art can be found on the property
- The Midlands Meander is an arts & crafts tourist route
- Activities nearby include hiking, horse riding, white water rafting, the Battlefields, canopy tours, quad biking, and spa treatments