Whether you’re a family or group of friends looking for a land-and-water safari getaway or a couple in search of romance in the bush, White Elephant Safari Lodge & Bush Camp caters well for all types of guests. Located in Pongola Game Reserve in the far reaches of KwaZulu-Natal, visitors can marvel at four of the Big 5 and this exceptional location.
Perennial water sources weave through the reserve’s grassland and mountainous areas—making this diverse landscape a true sight to behold. Hippo bloats and crocodile basks line the river edge while over 350 recorded bird species flit from tree to bush to reed. Visitors can spend their day fishing or enjoy game drives, guided walks, rhino tracking, elephanting and boat cruises.
White Elephant’s safari lodge oozes 1920s colonial charm with its wraparound verandah and sundowner deck proffering stunning views of the reserve. Other onsite amenities include a restaurant with indoor/outdoor dining areas and a swimming pool—perfect for this humid climate. Aside from the expected safari fare, guests can also go canoeing or birdwatching.
- 5-star lodge accommodating guests in eight luxury safari tents
- Captures the romance of a bygone era in a tranquil and game-rich area
- Self-catering facilities are also available at the bush camp in seven en-suite chalets
- Romance abounds making this a great destination for newlyweds and those celebrating their anniversaries or another special occasion
- Wi-Fi available at the lodge