Nambiti Private Game Reserve is home to a contrasting landscape from lush grassland and riverine forest to rugged thornveld dotted by waterfalls fed by the Sundays River. This 8,900ha Big 5 game reserve and the subtle delights of the boutique Nambiti Plains Private Game Lodge are conveniently located just 2.5 hours from Durban and 3 hours from Johannesburg.
Aside from the big 5, Nambiti is home to 40 other species of game; cheetah, hippo, and giraffe among them. The reserve’s diverse landscape attracts a number of bird species, including raptors and vultures. Cast a line in the Sundays River or spend an evening gazing at the glittering night sky.
Take a dip in the pool at the main lodge - sometimes mistakenly used by local elephants as a waterhole - or enjoy a sundowner at the bar. The sound of drums will summon guests to a dinner beneath the stars or in the cosy dining room. Nambiti Lodge has 7 luxurious suites with private viewing decks. The Family Suites consist of two private suites that share a common area – ideal for couples and families holidaying together.
- Big 5 game reserve close to two major cities and the magnificent Drakensberg mountains
- Wildlife are used to game vehicles, allowing guests to get closer than expected
- The Zulu Battlefields and Cheetah Breeding Project are nearby
- There is a waterhole very close to the lodge
- Guests can choose between extra length king-size beds or two three-quarter beds in their rooms