Simbavati River Lodge is a well-appointed and well-priced lodge within the 12,000 hectare Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The lodge is located in the northern sector of the park on the banks of the Nhlaralumi River, with epic views over the water and a parade of wildlife during the day.
Start the day off with a morning game drive, spotting wildlife as the sun is rising. Return to the lodge for a hearty breakfast and enjoy some time at leisure before heading out again in the late-afternoon to see what the bush showcases as dusk approaches.
Accommodation consists of 3 thatched Family Chalets and 8 luxury Safari Tents - the tents have one double bedroom, while the chalets have two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Each comes with a private game-viewing deck that overlooks the river, air conditioning and all the usual amenities. The lodge is family-friendly with a play area and host of activities for children. Enjoy the cosy lounge and bar, with a wrap-around deck that is tailor-made for armchair game-viewing. Kick back in the swimming pool or enjoy a massage at the spa and wine and dine around the outside boma in the evening.
- In a private concession on the banks of the seasonal Nhlaralumi River, affording spectacular views over the river and bushveld beyond
- Family-friendly camp with play area and activities on offer for children
- Various room-type accommodation on offer from luxury Tents to thatched Chalets
- Excellent facilities on-site
- No fences between Kruger National Park and Timbavati, allowing for a variety of wildlife-sightings