Natural stones, woods, and textures used throughout Machaton Private Camp suggest that it has an authentic connection to the outdoors. There are Big 5 sightings as well as wild dog and cheetah species to keep a lookout for when adventuring out on early morning and late evening private game drives—the later the better as the big cats are regulars after dark.
North of Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, Machaton is located on the western edge of Kruger National Park, in Timbavati Game Reserve. A safari in this area offers an array of wildlife viewing while experiencing camping at its most private. 360 bird species are listed and over 40 mammal species are considered residents in Timbavati, along with their unusual white lions.
There are three individual luxury suites with en-suite bedrooms, each with their own dayroom with daybeds, an outdoor shower, and privacy walls surrounding the patio. The main building has a lounge, covered verandah and game-viewing terrace with a plunge pool overlooking the Nhlaralumi River. Breakfast, lunch, and supper can be enjoyed from the patio outside your suite, in the main building or around the fire in the boma.
- Machaton Private Camp can be booked either on a sole-use basis or per suite basis
- Plunge pool with views of the Nhlaralumi River
- In-room spa treatments or couple treatments at the nearby Simbavati River Lodge
- Private game drives to see over 40 mammals, the Big 5, 360 bird species, and white lions
- Lounge with books and board games