The western border of Kruger National Park is made up of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, in the heart of which you will find the Kambaku River Sands lodge. Situated on the banks of a dried-out river bed and lacking physical fences to obstruct animal movement, this is the perfect spot to witness big and small game continuously passing through the camp.
The surrounding area is well-populated with game and allows for an unforgettable safari experience. Morning and evening game drives, bush walks and bird-watching provide amazing opportunities to capture the Big 5 and other creatures on camera. Speaking of photography - the vehicles used on game drives are uncovered, allowing you to take awesome shots without smudgy windows getting in your way!
Accommodation at Kambaku River Sands consists of 10 Thatched Suites. Each Suite is equipped with air conditioning, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, mini-bar and a private viewing deck from which to observe wildlife as they pass by. The main lodge provides luxurious comfort for its guests and is equipped with free Wi-Fi.
- Situated in an area with a high population of game and birdlife
- Fenceless border with Kruger National Park allows animals to move around freely
- Experience game drives in uncovered vehicles, bush walks, bird-watching and more
- Plenty of exciting photography opportunities, including the Big 5
- Comfortable accommodation with a private viewing deck for observing animals