Thornybush Waterside Lodge is a fairly large lodge found in the Thornybush Game Reserve, set on the banks of a tranquil lake with surrounding views of the African bushveld.
Highly skilled rangers and trackers ensure Big 5 game-viewing opportunities during dawn and dusk safaris, while optional bushwalks after breakfast reveal more about the flora and fauna and humbler creatures of the bush.
The lodge has been designed to blend in with the natural habitat with the 20 thatched Suites well-spaced to afford privacy. The Suites are spacious and all have en suite bathrooms with a separate bath and shower, as well as air conditioning, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities and a private verandah. Some Suites are inter-leading, perfect for families travelling with children. Facilities at Thornybush Waterside Lodge include comfy lounges with views over the lake, an open-air bar and dining area, a swimming pool with sundeck, library with internet access, curio shop, children’s programme and a cosy boma. Dining at is a real treat - the chef and team produce fresh, quality local and continental dishes in a tasteful and innovative way.
- Part of the Thornybush Collection of properties with good facilities on-site
- Child-friendly property with inter-leading suites for families, children’s programme and babysitting available
- The rangers are familiar with the movements of the wildlife, guaranteeing guests the best game drive sightings
- Excellent and innovative dining experiences
- Within easy access of Hoedspruit Airport