Thornybush Game Lodge overlooks the seasonal Monwana River in the Thornybush Game Reserve.
On game drives, the 4x4 vehicles carry between 6 and 10 guests allowing you to come as close as possible to Africa’s big game. The Shangaan trackers will captivate you with their knowledge of numerous plants and trees, as well as traditional folklore tales. The afternoon game drive is followed by high tea, which extends into the evening as rarely seen nocturnal animals emerge from their hideaways. Be treated to exceptional star gazing and pre-dinner drinks in the bush, before returning to the lodge for a delicious three course dinner in the boma and nightcaps around the campfire.
Accommodation consists of 18 Luxury Suites and 2 Family Suites. The Luxury Suites have full en suite bathrooms, outdoor showers and a private deck with a view of the seasonal river course or riverine thicket. The Family Suites have a lounge with a sleeper couch and a larger private deck with their own plunge pool. Lodge facilities include comfortable lounges, a swimming pool, a library with internet access, Thornybush Spa, a curio shop and children’s programme.
- Largest of the Thornybush Collection properties with the most extensive facilities
- The five-star property’s rates include your afternoon sundowner drinks on safari
- Child-friendly property with Family Suites, children’s programme and babysitting available
- The rangers are familiar with the movements of the wildlife, guaranteeing guests the best game drive sightings
- Within easy access of Hoedspruit Airport