Thornybush Nature Reserve introduces its exclusive self-catering accommodation, Nkelenga Tented Camp—but, of course, not without its renowned luxury. This is really privacy at its best, and as guests are required to book out the whole camp, you can revel in the knowledge that this camp’s fauna, flora, quirks, and comforts are solely for you!
Nkelenga rests at the core of the nature reserve, adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park, and extends within a fenced area beneath a mighty acacia tree overlooking a beautiful watering hole—the paradigmatic image of Africa. Guests have exclusive use of the camp’s own open safari vehicles, with ranger and tracker at your service for day and night drives, and bush walks.
The intimate tented camp can accommodate 8-9 guests, with a fully-appointed air-conditioned main house boasting a mezzanine with three beds—great for children—and three luxury en-suite tents with air-conditioning. The main house comprises a spacious fully-equipped kitchen, lounge, and dining area while the camp provides a dedicated housekeeper. A large swimming pool and spa centre supply the pampering you desire during your self-catered stay.
- Exclusive self-catering accommodation perfect for families, groups of friends, and business getaways alike
- Private open safari vehicles for customised day and night drives, ensuring close and unrestricted encounters with Africa’s wildlife
- Fully-equipped kitchen, lounge, and dining area
- Serviced rooms to avoid the trouble of tidying whilst on holiday
- Swimming pool for basking in the African sun, and spa centre